Rockstar is steadily rolling out patches for Grand Theft Auto Online after a rocky start. Today, the company released an update to fix issues with “game progess loss” in GTA Online as well as pushing out technical fixes, enhancements, and tweaks. The update is out for the PlayStation 3 now and the company expects to roll out the Xbox 360 update tomorrow.
This update fixes one of the biggest issues that players reported, which was losing their game save after trying to play GTA Online. Rockstar says the issue had to do with a “cloud save failure” where progress and purchased items wouldn’t save after a player logged off. Here’s a full list of fixes:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the “replay” option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
Rockstar is still investigating complains of lost characters and progress to be sure it doesn’t happen again. The company is urging players to remember to save their progress before logging out of the game. To do this, simply exit to the Single Player mode, pause the game, and save from the menu.
FOLLOW THE GTA ONLINE SAGA